2. Things to carry while traveling to Kashmir in April, May, and June
With the shift from spring to summer, the month of April, May and June offer a bit of everything; rain, heat, and cold. The city is at its peak then, you can stroll in Mughal Gardens, take shikhara rides on the Dal lake, go for trekking, skiing and rafting. It is all here, and it can all be done in this pleasant weather. A couple of things you want to carry to enjoy your trip to the fullest:
- Umbrella/Raincoat– You might experience brief showers and its best to keep yourself protected.
- Trekking boots- These are usually helpful in Sonamarg and Gulmarg, where the ice level is high.
- Moisturizers- Remember to carry your cold creams for the night and other parts of the day if it gets cold. Also, do not forget to carry sunscreens as higher altitude are likely to give sunburns quickly.
- Small traveling bag - They will be suitable to carry important things like cash, mobile phone, and medicines.